Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Uni0n National, Jamestown, NY

Can anyone give me info on a bedroom furniture I have.There is a metal plate that reads "Union National Fine Furniture Jamestown, NY."

Posted By Jan, 1/31/2006

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Linda Evans, 11/20/2012  10:42 AM

I also have a Union National Furniture  black lacquer Chinoiserie 2 piece china cabinet.  Dimensions are 80" x 58' x 16.  Purchased in the Buffalo NY area in approximately the early 1940's.  Middle front doors on top have beveled glass and three shelves, two are adjustable.  Side doors on top are open metal latticework  with three shelves as well.  Middle bottom piece has four drawers, center one being a drop down front with leather secretary desk inside with cubbyholes.  Remaining three drawers for storage.  Bottom side doors open with two shelves.  Beautiful designs with striking goldleaf artwork.  I would greatly appreciate any help from those who have also researched similar pieces.  I can be reached at dltevans@roadrunner.com.  Pictures available upon request.  Thanks!

From Willie Miller, 2/20/2012  5:31 PM

I, too, have a Union National black lacquer chinoisserie china cabinet that is about 7-8 feet long, lighted, lined with gold leaf, beveled glass front and absolutely gorgeous.  Downsizing and just do not have room for it and don't have a clue what it's worth or how to go about selling it.  I've read a couple posts here.  If anyone has any information that might be helpful, please give me a shout.  You can reach me by email at:  lmeade1202@hotmail.com  Many thanks for any help you can provide.

From James Daggers, 6/4/2011  11:27 AM

I have a Cherry China Cabinet made be Monitor Furniture Company from Jamestown, NY. It has a metal seal inside drawer with markings on it and a picture of a lighthouse on it. If anyone is interested in this or knows the best place for me to sell it please let me know. I'm not trying to make a killing on this I'm just trying to get rid of it because of space and I'm willing to give someone a very fair deal. Pictures upon request. I can be contacted at jamesdaggers@yahoo.com. Thank you! Jim

From bob, 5/26/2011  2:18 PM

I own a secretaire bookcase built by union national in jamestown ny.I have owned the piece for about twenty years.it hasfour glass doors on the top piece of a two piece unit.the bottom has a total of nine drawers not including the drawer for the desk.This would make a total of ten drawers on the bottom portion.the unit is 88"high,64"wide and 11"& 14"deep.The unit appears to be cherry or walnut and has swans necks,rosettes,rope carvings on the bottom and vertical carvings on the top section.Its in wonderful condition and has wonderful petina.If anyone has info on this piece,i would appreciate it,as im considering selling it.thank you

From Margaret, 5/9/2011  4:41 PM

I have an exquisite Breakfront by Union National with a black laquor finish.Aprox. 8 ft. tall by 7.5 long with gold stripe and fretwork & Chinese Chinoiserie. It was bought in 1973 and is in good condition. It comes in two pieces. The top piece has 4 doors with eight beveled glass panes in each door. interior lighting with black laquor background and four shallow drawers across the bottom. The base has four large doors (aprox. 21" wide). The center doors open to three drawers. It is by far a gorgeous piece that commands attention immediately when one enters the room. We are downsizing and it breaks my heart to sell it. Can someone tell me what's it's worth? I have a newspaper advertisement by Edward F. White Interiors of Encino, CA. advertising it. I can send pictures if you are interested. E-MAIL: mstrcd@aol.com Live in Melbourne,Fl..Phone: 321-806-3822

From Georgiann, 3/15/2011  9:06 PM

Thanks very much Larry! Good luck finding a buyer! Did you try eBay?

From Larry, 3/15/2011  5:24 PM

Beautiful piece Georgiann, probably a cut above in quality of what I possess. Colors do not match at all, unfortunately . On the label, it is handwritten 1016 Cremona. I wonder if that is the name of the style. Looking to consignment shops to see if I can find catalogs. Good luck with your search and thanks.

From Georgiann, 3/15/2011  1:41 PM

Larry----I will e-mail you a picture, actually this is for my daughter-in-law--she e-mailed me 4 pictures---the easiest one to open is the last one---004jpg--it is also the best-----perhaps it would be better if you e-mailed me--??whatever works for you---if you have a picture of the china cabinet, that is if you think it would compliment the piece I'm sending you ---(don't have to be a match as we are "eclectic")---it would help.

Thanks, Georgiann

From Georgiann, 3/15/2011  1:14 PM

Bless you for responding---I will send a picture if I can figure out how to do it!!! I am seriously computer challenged---it may take awhile-----

From larry, 3/14/2011  6:24 PM

Georgiann, upon further internet research, this set may very well be a dark walnut. Please send me a picture at lsmelkin@comcast.net, to see if it matches.

From larry, 3/14/2011  4:18 PM

For Georgiann and others. I have a full dining room ensemble with matching breakfront and server, eight chairs, and three extenders. This was my parent's set and I believe it was manufactured about 1955. The entire set is in good to very good condition (overall appearance is very nice). To me it is a solid wood pecan or solid wood with pecan colored finish. My mother used to call it walnut but I thinks she was mistaken. All items have the original Union National Furniture Jamestown NY tag, purchased through Leonard Sales Co. Baltimore Md. I live in Ellicott City Md. and am anxious to sell entire set or larger pieces. Call Larry at 410-917-7701 and/or email at lsmelkin@comcast.net

From Georgiann, 3/14/2011  2:17 PM

I am looking for a Union National China cabinet/breakfront. I have a sideboard that is a Union National piece---I think it is Mahogany or Walnut---pretty plain, I can send a picture if someone has something that sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks!

From Georgiann, 3/14/2011  2:13 PM

I am looking for a Union National China cabinet/breakfront? I have a sideboard and it is either mahogany,or walnut (?)----If anyone has a piece fitting that very vague description, let me know and I can send a picture of the sideboard---Thanks!

From Lori Spencer, 3/11/2011  10:40 PM

I have a solid mahogany dining set that has several markings on the underside of the oval table, which is 60" x 48" x 26" high: Stenciled in black on the skirt is:   R NATIONAL FURN. CO., JAMESTOWN, N.Y.
The "R" is barely visible from behind the leg bracing and I think there are add'l letters, maybe MFR?

On the bottom of the table top are 2 series of numbers:
     4058 6-48 stenciled in black ink
     6595/22 written in black grease pencil

Also on the bottom of the table top written in yellow grease pencil or crayon is: "Rusfeld" and there is a paper name plate with the name "Mrs. Rusfeld" hand-written in old script on the other half of the table.

The table has a brass release mechanism to open the table to accept addl leaves, but I was not able to get the leaves with this set when I purchased it 25 years ago. The table top and skirt are rimmed with a bead-and-reel design carved into the wood, not applied to it.

Both the table and the chairs have Cabriole legs with Whorlfoot bottoms. The center table support is an "H" design, also with Cabriole legs and Whorlfoot bottoms, with a turned ball design connecting the 2 legs in the middle.

The 4 side chairs have carved, crested rail backs with pierced back splats. The upholstery is a cream leather or vinyl with brass nailhead detail. No idea if this is original upholstery. I somehow doubt it, but the black muslim covering on the bottom of seats looks to be very old.

I am assuming that this set was manufactured by the National Furniture Co. in Jamestown, NY, pre-1920, when the Blackstone Ave. factory was absorbed by the Union Furniture Co.

Are there any details that anyone can furnish me, including an estimate of value and/or suggested current retail?

From Angela, 3/8/2011  2:22 PM

I have a Union National breakfront. It is antique ivory finish I think. Hand painted instruments on the doors in a silver grey. It is 7 feet wide by 7 feet 3 inches. There are four doors with beveled crystal panels. It also has a desk in the center. My parents bought it in 1956 while living in New York. However it is now located in Arizona. I am interested in selling it. My email is angelamangin@yahoo.com please email me if you are interested in purchasing it.

From slewis, 2/12/2011  6:25 PM

I have a Union National Chinoiserie Breakfront - approx 9 ft across by 7 ft high. It is painted in silver, with orange interior [not mirrored]. Two end sections and one double middle section, each with top having beveled glass on doors and bottom with doors painted with chinese scenes. There are drawers between top and bottom sections. The unit is in beautiful condition, though the silver has developed a goldish patina. It was purchased late 1960's and has been with our family since that time.
I am located in southeast Florida and would like to sell the unit. Please let me know if you may be interested in buying it. Contact slewis52@yahoo.com.

From Suzannd Filotei, 1/17/2011  1:12 PM

I have a Union National - 2 Twin Beds with Headboard, Side Rails, Foot Board. #217 Antique Green/Gold with Painted Flowers. Also, a 3 Drawer Bonbay Style Chest
217-3 Antique Green/Gold with Painted Flowers. I'm moving and need to sell the set. It's in Excellent condition. Please e-mail or call Suzanne6@optonline.net
203-520-8801 Bridgeport, Ct.

From Sherry Koch, 1/9/2011  12:15 PM

I have a table hand painted by Delores Demas that my mother gave me many years ago. It is in excellent condition. I'm looking for any information on it's worth.

From zev, 12/28/2010  11:24 PM

i am looking to buy union national table leafs
no matter the design nor the color
pls call @ 718-782-8936 or e-mail zsbhphoto@gmail.com

From Rod Sysol, 11/23/2010  5:38 AM

I have a 91" wide china with 32 glass p--s and a secratary desk built in the center drawer It is a signed piece with the invoice on the back, it is a pecan finish I would like to sell this piece e-mail or call-678-346-1005

From Tandy McConkey, 11/9/2010  2:30 PM

Ms. Nord, thank you for your input. I would really like to have you take a look at the furniture I have. I searched quite a bit and have not been able to find anything like the set I have, neither do anyone's descriptions match my furniture. May I email you photos? Do you know when they changed from the knight to the eagle? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at hill_mcconkey_family@q.com

From Heidi Nord, 11/3/2010  11:10 PM

It is fine furniture. If you like the pieces - hang on to them. The factory used only the finest materials and the furniture was made by Jamestowners who took pride in their work. At one time Jamestown, NY had many fine furniture manufacturers, but the cost of heating the factories, in the cold northern climates, sent many manufacturers to the southern states. The lacquered pieces are maple and the varnished (called fruitwood) pieces are cherry wood. Other woods were used during Union-National's early days. You can find more information at www.Prendergastlibrary.org.extra!extra!(uindex). Go the the article written by Leigh E. Burdick. He was a historian in Jamestown. For pictures you can go onto e-bay and compare. I find many older (and not really my taste) pieces there. During the 50's and 60's I remember many reproduction pieces being made. The factory closed in 1994. My father, John Nord, was president at the time. He'd had that position since his father, Alldor Nord, died in 1973. My great grandfather started the business with his cousin, at the turn of the 20th century.

From Tandy, 10/17/2010  6:17 PM

I forgot to mention that this set has carved wheat sheaths and is unpainted - the grain of the wood shimmers.

From Tandy, 10/17/2010  6:15 PM

I also have a bedroom set consisting of a full size bed, chest of drawers (one with dividers) and a dressing table with bench. The brass plaque inside the top drawer of each says Union National, however unlike many of the above, the embossed picture is a knight on a horse holding a shield which also says Union National. Does anyone have any information on this?
please reply to hill_mcconkey_family@q.com, thanks!

From Saundra, 10/1/2010  10:41 PM

I have an oval-shaped (when leaves are in)dining room table and 3 chairs(one was broken) with cane backs, round seats and 2 brass finials that screw into the top of the chair backs on either side. I am looking for a replacement chair. The chair cushions are an off-white color. Any info please email me: ladysinger7@yahoo.com

From julie, 9/29/2010  1:48 AM

I forgot to post my contact information regarding my grandparents bedroom set. My email is julesny22@gmail.com or my home phone number is 954-742-8008. Hope to hear from you soon.

From julie, 9/29/2010  1:46 AM

I have a bedroom set for sale from union national. It was my grandparents purchased in the 1950's. Its hand-painted and signed by artist R.Welch. Its in great condition. Pretty green color with hand painted flowers. My mom told me it was in one of the big named store windows as a display when my grandmother seen it and had to have it. My grandfather went and ordered it the next day-that was in Buffalo,New York and now i have it in south Florida. I love it but iam moving and unforunately cannot keep it. I would love to sell it to someone who will really appreciate this heirloom.

From Tony, 9/19/2010  11:26 AM

I have A Union National hutch, the artists signature is difficult to read it seems to be "P. MATA" or "PINATA." The signature is on one door only and overlaps part of the scene making it hard to read. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From craig, 9/11/2010  6:44 PM

I have a very old cherry oak color captains desk I found buried in a home that was on auction.. has a brass plate that says Union National Fine Furniture with a horse knight and castle behind it.. looking for any information on it.. its a 2 piece captains desk good shape and has hidden drawers in the mail area.. all the metal seems to be brass..including the automatic shelf holders that pop out when opened...p.s. not for sale just looking for info

From janet, 9/11/2010  6:03 PM

I found this on the net. Someone is selling their dinning set. Just thought this may be interesting.

From lesley, 9/11/2010  4:33 PM

hello ..anyone interested in union national breakfront probably bought in 1940's..black lacquer.. hand painted..chinoiserie..height 82" width 53"..2 pieces bottom one has secretary..anyone interested contact me at....

jehene@sbcglobal.net

From Stephen, 8/28/2010  4:15 PM

I have been reading the messages above... please please do not refinish your Union National furniture if you want it to retain its value. The patina will be gone for ever..Please.....The piece I just bought has some issues and the store said I should fix it and I said NO, much of that is Patina and what makes each piece so interesting and valuable!!! The value WILL go down if you do something.

From Stephen, 8/28/2010  4:00 PM

To all who have the Oriental china cabt.I have done more investigation and discovered a very similar piece on ebay for sale. New price was $27,000. and they are asking over $6,000. So... we all have some pretty good stuff, hang on to it!!!!!!!!!!!

From Mary B. Hirsch, 8/22/2010  5:49 PM

I too, own a Union National bedroom set. It was purchased from the showroom at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago in 1976. It has a king-sized latticed headboard, triple dresser, two large night stands and armoire. It is solid teak and finished in black lacquer. The full price was $2,787.32, but we bought it from a dealer who was a personal friend and they charged us cost plus 10%, so the retail would have been considerably higher. I consider it one of the fineset sets I've ever seen. Even the inside of all the drawers are handfinished and as smooth as silk. The set in the window of the showroom had hand painting all over it, we ordered it plain. Forgot to mention, it also has a mirror above the triple dresser-unattached. It's my treasure and will be passed down for generations, I'm sure.

From Ste[hen, 8/19/2010  12:01 AM

Sorry, forgot to include my email....phorse1@ivnet.com   thanks, Stephen see above note.

From Stephen, 8/18/2010  11:14 PM

just purchased a breakfrontmade by Union National and it is in black and Chinese Chippendale with chinoiserie across front with desk drawer. Anyone have any idea how old it would be? Any idea of the value? Thanks for your help. Stephen

From Andrea, 8/15/2010  5:38 PM

I'm looking for a Union National black lacquer dining room table to match a couple of pieces I have from my husband's grandma. Please email me at annie410@verizon.net if you know of one tha may be for sale.
Thank you,Andrea

From Vanessa, 8/4/2010  1:42 PM

I have a beautiful, stunning Union National large , gold leaf back (not mirrored back) china display cabinet/buffet bottom, nine drawers. It is hand painted, motif gold leaf chinese flo__l, gold small flowers, etc. on china top only, no flo__l painting on buffet bottom. Downsizing and selling this beautiful piece, regretfully. Pictures, contact beachboat@yahoo.com.

From Suburbs of Montreal, QC, 8/1/2010  10:50 AM

What a thread this is!

We are located in the suburbs of Montreal Canada and have a full dining room set by UNION NATIONAL Fine Furniture, Jamestown, N.Y. It is absolutely gorgeous! The workmanship is second-to-none and is rarely found today. We have a huge table which is expandable, six dining chairs plus one with armrests, a hutch to store all your china and a display case for the pretty pieces. We are downsizing and are looking to sell. Email ponyta atat rogers dotdot com for photos and more information...

From Gary Hansen, 7/29/2010  9:56 PM

My wife has a complete bedroom set made in Jamestown, NY in 1906. The label on the back of the dresser reads "Mauril Furniture Company", Jamestown, NY. We are unable to find a "Mauril Furniture" company. My wife is unsure if this is the exact spelling as the tag is very old. Any help would be appreciated.

From barry m, 7/22/2010  7:15 AM

I have an oval dining room table made by Union National sometime in the 50's (looks like walnut but not sure) beautiful detail with 3 extension leaves. 6 chairs. Anyone have an idea what this set might be worth - its in good condition. thanks

From Jerry Saval, 6/12/2010  8:03 PM

I have an excellent condion Union National Fine Furniture (engraved in metal on inside front draw) dresser that I inherited from myt mother. I would like someone to make me an offer. It is probably approximatewly 65 or 70 years old. Contact Jerry at jsaval@comcast.net

From Rita Fisher, 5/31/2010  1:48 PM

I have 3 pieces of dining room furniture of Union National. They are mahogany with hand painted flowers in a Chinese motif - resembling an American version of Chinese Chippendale.

My son does not want these pieces:
Buffet - 6' long
Server - 38" long
Breakfront - 60" long by 6.5' tall (plus a 10" decorative wood chippendale motif

Would like to seel these pieces. I am located in New York City

From Kevin, 5/22/2010  8:03 PM

Scott and Jamie,

I am potentially interested in the furniture. Could you send more information and possible pictures of the pieces to me at kandvcourtright@aol.com? Of particular interest to me are pieces that are in need of restoring and/or repair.   

Thanks,

Kevin
Edinboro, Pennsylvania (USA)    

From Garon Cagle, 5/12/2010  6:38 PM

Our family store in Lubbock, Texas sold Union National from the 1950's until the 1990's. We still have the four-door breakfront and eight figure-eight dining chairs which my parents purchased in 1955 for our new home. Unfortunately, the matching dining table was sold. The finish is a beautiful bleached cherry with a kraft paper color finish. The drop-front drawer for the secretary is lined with a gold-tooled black leather. The design and woodworking are timeless.

From Mitzi, 5/11/2010  1:29 PM

I own a Union National display cabinet and am looking for an identical piece to pair with it. It is 84" tall, by 45" wide, by 14"deep. The back of the cabinet has "Simon Classic, Mirror-back" written on it, as well as the Union Naional metal plate. The back is mirrored, and all three sides are glass. There are glass shelves inside and two lights inside the top. If anyone has this piece and is interested in selling it, please contact me at Robin@hiwaay.net

Thanks,

Mitzi

From Jamie, 5/2/2010  10:08 AM

I have a 2 piece dining room hutch, cherry finish, great condition for sale. Please e-mail for pictures if interested. bmercerc@aol.com

From Scott, 3/22/2010  6:56 PM

I just listed a Union National dining room set on Craigslist in Okaloosa/Walton County, Florida. I am located in Destin, Fl. If anyone has any information or opinion regarding my asking price I would appreciate your input. This is a nice set that just doesn't get any use. Hopefully, someone else will get more use out of it than I do. Thanks, Scott

From gail, 3/14/2010  12:47 PM

I have a Union National master bedroom set with metal plates inside drawers with an eagle and markings stating Union National/Jamestown,NY.All pieces are signed "J Ferrari" the hardware is marked "K7498".the set includes double bed with headboard,footboard and side rails;desk w single middle drawer;6 drawer dresser;8 drawer long dresser with mirror and 2 night stands.The set is black laquor with asian carvings in the wood and painted.All pieces have brown edge and gold trim.Each drawer in this ser must be in its proper place for the carvings to match up.There are also 2 matching jewelry boxes.I would like to get more information about this furniture and try to obtain a value as well.Please forward any information you have to gaillee955@hotmail.com. These pieces are in excellant condition and the tops have been protected with glass.

From sheri, 2/25/2010  2:36 PM

I have a Union National breakfront and dining room set that I am selling. They were purchased in the 1960s. Breakfront is antique cream, for lack of better description, approx 7'x 7'. 32 beveled glass panels on 4 doors on the top, leather pull out desk with drawers on either side in the middle, bottom with 4 cabinet doors.

Dining room table is walnut and antique cream. 48" round with 3 18" leaves. 4 regular chairs and 2 arm chairs.

All in good condition.

Located in Chicago.

From Kevin Courtright, 1/19/2010  1:08 PM

Should anyone have any information they're willing to share with me, I can be reached via email at kandvcourtright@aol.com. Thanks, KEC

From Kevin Courtright, 1/19/2010  1:00 PM

Got ahold of a table approximately 4' x 3' with one middle (pull out) drawer. On the inside of the drawer it reads NATIONAL Guaranteed Tables Made in Jamestown, NY. Can anyone tell me how old this might be and what the value might be of same? It's in pretty good condition. I may refinish it, unless someone advises against it. Any information would be helpful and I can furnish a picture of the table upon request.

K.E. Courtright
Edinboro, Pennsylvania

From Nicole Neale, 1/12/2010  11:13 PM

I have a breakfront I got from my Grandmother that has a glass enclosed top two small drawers on either side and three large drawers and a secertarial drawer in the middle. It has a metal lable on it that reads Union National Jamestown NY. It has a man on a horse. Pleasde let me know who I can have appraise this furniture. It resides in MD.
Thanks
Nicole
Naneale@comcast.net

From Sarah, 12/12/2009  2:02 PM

Looking for a Union National Dining Table and Chairs. We live in the Atlanta area.

From Donna Neveu, 11/1/2009  1:56 PM

I just recently found this sight. I have noted many folks who have the Union National Furniture with the metal plate on the piece. I have a chest of drawers that is the black finish with the oriental design on it and
signed by, R. Welch. It is what I believe to be called chinoisserie. If any of you out there have received information on a piece you have that is likely in this collection and of the era of the 70's or so I think (but I am not certain at all) please send me information that I may inquire about its value and age. I recently purchased the piece at an estate sale in Memphis, TN from people who were from California at one time. Thank you for any help you can offer me. Donna neveu   

From Hannah, 9/27/2009  2:26 PM

I have a two legged pedestal table made by Union Furniture Company, Jamestown, NY. I'm trying to find chairs for it since I only have one. The table is big and heavy and the legs are ornate with carved ball shapes. Please reply if you know the model name or where I can get the chairs. camellady1@hotmail.com

From Cheryl Glover, 9/23/2009  1:21 AM

further description of above: this cabinet is 7 ft tall ...51+ wide...has open shelves on each side of glass doors (which have wood overlay design) the top of the open shelving is a carved shell design and the entire shelf is curved....the bottom has 4 doors with inlaid wood as a border .....very beautiful cabinet...have never seen one like it anywhere...and cant find anything comparable on the internet...

From Cheryl Glover, 9/21/2009  5:03 PM

I just purchased a china cabinet on Craigs List..I have the pictures from there and it has a label with Union-National and shows a furniture store in New York....I would love to know the name of the collection it came from and style...any info would be appreciated...I have not been able to find any pics or catalogs from the company..would be happy to email pics of cabinet...my email is cherglover@comcast.net

From Joshua, 8/11/2009  4:17 AM

i was given a mirror that belonged to my grandmother. it is a large, heavy mirror, about 4ft. by 3 ft. on the back of the mirror is a tag marked "Burns Case Goods Corporation. A subsidiary of Union National Inc. Bedroom Furniture. Jamestown, NY"
Can anyone give me a guess on how old this mirror is? and possibly a value range? it is in great shape, with just minor scratches on the wooden frame.
Any and all info would be appreciated. thank you.

From Carole, 8/2/2009  2:58 PM

We purchased the gorgeous traditional cherry, four beveled-glass door Union National breakfront in 1974. It was hand painted to coordinate with our dining decor. It is still magnificent. It now stands as the focal point in our living room area. It will remain in our family as one of our treasured heirlooms, also because it displays our family china and crystal.

From MARY, 8/1/2009  12:31 PM

I have a bedroom set with handpainted shells. Found the set in Southhampton, NY. The set included 2 night stands, dresser, mirror and two armoires. I love the set.

From RICK, 7/24/2009  12:34 PM

Forgot to include my e-mail address above.I can be reached at mvk16@cox.net. Thanks!

From RICK, 7/24/2009  12:31 PM

We purchased a pair of Union National pieces (a buffet and a dresser) a couple of years ago. They are paper-labeled on the reverse. Black laquer finish with exquisite Asian-styled gold(mainly)art signed "Ferrari". I've no way of knowing the age of these pieces. The labels bear the names of, I believe, the purchasers, which are different and lead me to wonder if they were once sold apart and rejoined later, which would be very odd. The penciled names are in the sort of handwriting I associate with the 1930's or so. Any information regarding these items would be hugely appreciated. We live in a historic Victorian brick bracketed cottage in Rhode Island and these two items are perfectly suited to the house, receiving a great many complementary remarks from houseguests. Hope other U N owners enjoy their furniture as much as we do!

From la la, 7/16/2009  7:18 PM

I had a family member that used to work at union national does anyone happen to know what union it was ?

From Michelle, 7/2/2009  10:38 PM

I have the Bellasera Bed - looking for dresser and night stands - anyone have or know of for sale?
please email me: michelle @remarkableproducts.net

From layla.d, 6/23/2009  10:10 PM

I have a Union National bedroom set.It includes two nightstands a twin bed with footboard and headboard,a vanity with mirror,a tall dresser with six drawers,and a smaller dresser with five drawers which includes a mirror.It is hand painted oriental design and blonde wood.I believe my grandmother purchased it in the forties if not earlier.The artist name is Sheldon.Looking to sell for the right price.If interested my e-mail address is ritenour409@comcast.net.

From theresa albanese, 6/12/2009  11:29 PM

i purchased my dining room from union national around 40 yrs ago it is handpainted and still looks just as beautiful as the day i received it. in fact the artist signed her name delores dimas.. my decorator took me to your showroom in nyc and i remember the salespersons name
neal profitt. i now live in boca raton florida and everyone who comes in to my home remarks at how beautiful it is i do hope one of my children or grandchildren decide to keep it.

From Mary T., 5/26/2009  1:22 AM

We bought a Union National dresser, two nightstands & a large trumeau mirror in the 70's from a store in Warren PA. We got an extremly good price as it was a showroom sample. As noted in other messages, this furniture is on the level of Karges & as it is no longer being produced, it's value has probably increased. There is a black Chinoiserie dining room armchair on ebay presently from Union National & a pr. of beautiful yellow bombe night stands but the seller didn't realize they were from this company so they're not listed as such but they can be found by searching under bombe - bombay. They're being sold WAY below value. You might be able to get some help w/pricing by contacting two fine furniture stores in Jamestown & Lakewood NY who used to sell this line. They are Lakewood Furniture Galleries in Lakewood NY & Wellman Bros. Furniture in Jamestown NY. If you have any of this furniture, it's worth far more than you can imagine! You should hold on to it!

From Mike P., 5/7/2009  9:46 AM

The hand painting is of multi-colored flowers, maybe pansies and gold striping. Thanks, Mike mjpfla@aol.com

From Mike P., 5/7/2009  9:39 AM

I have my parents Union National French Provinchal off antique white bedroom set. Hand painted by R. Welch. It was purchased in 1955 new. I have signed king headboard, 2 nite stands,2 pink upholstered foot stools,triple dresser and low armour. All hand painted with signature in several places. My wife has no room in our home and looking for interested buyers. The condition is very good with normal wear for age. Photos can be available. Thanks, Mike mjpfla@aol.com

From Judy Rosenthal, 5/5/2009  2:59 PM

I have just received a Union National black lacquered server (I think) that was once part of my grandmother's dining room set-- at least fifty years ago. The Chinoiserie decorations are signed "J. Ferrari." Does anyone know anything about the origin or value of such a piece?

From Mary Beth, 5/4/2009  7:38 PM

I have 2 painted wooden plaques that have a sticker on the back stating "this is a hand finished sample and is sent for your approval..... Return to Union-National, Inc. Jamestown, NY" They are dated 1972. They are oriental paintings. Any information on these?

From Nan Lee, 4/27/2009  6:57 PM

I've purchased a Union French provincial dining set and am looking for additional chairs. Anybody have any for sale?
nanlee9@swbell.net

From Terri, 4/27/2009  6:24 PM

I have a Union National oriental hand painted cabinet with a secretary's desk in good shape. It is black and gold on top and red and black with chinese paintings on bottom. This was inherited from my husband's grandmother. I am interested in selling it , and wondered if anyone would know what it ia worth or would be interested in buying it . Please e-mail me, at klutes8@zoominternet.net. Thanks, Terri

From jody, 2/22/2009  2:32 AM

sorry here i go again

golferjody7@yahoo.com

From jody, 2/22/2009  2:30 AM

I forgot to post my email golferjody7&@yahoo.com
thanks again, Jody

From jody, 2/22/2009  2:20 AM

looking for info on a bedroom set I inherited from my dad. Its Union National from Jamestown NY. signed by R.Welch. Mint green with gold trim handpainted flowers.Any ideas please write me back. Thank you

From Jay, 2/9/2009  6:55 PM

I have a very tall dress with a "label" on the inside top drawer that says Union National Inc. and has an eagle emblem in the middle and Fine Furniture, Jamestown NY underneath. It is a 6 drawer dresser, the front of the dresser is curved and the fourth drawer has a sliding compartment in it. The edges are beautiful designed with flowers etched in the wood. The dresser has been stripped to it's natural wood but "I think" if memory serves me correct, it was an off whitish color with gold trimming. I love the dresser and have had it for about 15yrs. Does anyone know anyting about this piece of furniture?

From Just Joe, 1/25/2009  8:16 PM

For anyone needing info on hardware used on Union-National pieces, you can contact Chautauqua Hardware Corporation in Jamestown NY. They made the hardware for UN pieces. Maybe they can replace lost or damaged elements.

And for those of you looking to dispose of your UN pieces: Shame on you! You own a Rolls-Royce: totally hand-made furniture. You won't find anything of that caliber today except maybe Karges furniture and they don't do that much hand-painting. Your items should be in a museum.

From Ryan Rhodes, 1/17/2009  6:27 PM

I have a dining room set that seats eight. Trying to find out how much they are worth. Does anybody have and idea to where I can find out. Want to inure them for the right price.

From michele, 12/27/2008  8:47 AM

We have the silver/green bedroom set too.(headboard/footboard MIA). Does anyone have an idea of the scarcity/value of these pieces? email me at smborek@comcast.net

From Jerry, 12/17/2008  11:44 AM

I have a mahogany Govenor Wintrop desk made by the Monitor Furniture Co. of Jamestown, New York. I am trying to find information about Monitor furniture Co. but have not been very successful. Anybody know anything about this company? Thanks,

Jerry

From Olga, 11/13/2008  4:28 PM

forgot to include my e-mail address. OcPASSO@AOL.COM

From OLGA, 11/6/2008  3:13 PM

In 1960 I purchased a bedroom set from Union National.
I would like to purchase a matching COMMODE 33" WIDE IN ALSATIAN ANTIQUE. I have a long dresser and one commode
and would like to match up this commode with another.
Please contact me if you have such an item. Thanx,
Olga

From Henry, 11/2/2008  6:51 PM

We have an asian, evidently chineese, head board two night stands, chest of drawers and dresser with mirror, light green with painted scenes. Any one know how to determine the worth? Purchased late 40's early 50's form May Company, Cleveland, Ohio. Perhaps earlier.   

From Mary, 10/22/2008  9:10 PM

I have a Union National desk with drop down front and sliders. It has four draws and has the original key. I don't have any idea of the value. I have read all the messages and it seems that there is no info on the valuation of this furniture. If anyone knows, please let me know. E-mal at Tbone1136@aol

From mike, 10/21/2008  8:04 PM

I have just purchased a beautiful chinoiserie corner cabinet which has stamped on the back Union National furniture Co. It is black lacqere with light mustard color inside. It features some oriental hand painting on bottom doors also. Does anyone have any indea of value? Am also interested in knowing if there was a dining room table manufactured to complement this piece?

From Shawn, 9/3/2008  4:14 PM

We have a dark walnut table from the Union Furniture Company, Jamestown NY and we are looking to purchase a matching/complimentary buffet. It was job #789 and was manufactured for the May Compamy, Cleveland Ohio.

If you have one you would like to sell or know of where I might locate one please email me at turner.niagara@sympatico.ca

From marcie, 8/28/2008  12:44 AM

i got a old china hutch from my land lord, and it has a old "union national fine furiture" seal on it and it has beveled glass on it. i need to know how much its worth for extra money. the hutch is in very good shape and is easily 80 years old.

From Tina, 8/25/2008  7:21 PM

I have the long french breakfront and am wondering if anyone has any instructions or knows how to take it apart. I know it is three pieces, but I have no paperwork. Thank you for your response.
tkmelonakos@comcast.net

From Chloe, 8/17/2008  5:45 PM

I'm wondering whether anyone knows how much this desk is worth. Leather blotter, beautiful details. I've heard of a chinoiserie set from the 1920s depicting a Chinese love story, and am curious as to whether it's part of that. Black lacquer, gold paint. Artist "Ferrari;" signed.

The metal label in the top drawer says Union National Furniture, NY, NY.

Thank you.

chloe@reklein.com

From cate, 8/14/2008  3:50 PM

WOW, I just purchased a French Provincial china cabinet / breakfront for a steal - I had no idea Union National was such a good line. I bought it with the intention of painting over the blue flowers and switching out the hardware but now I don't know what to do...it doesn't really work wtih my furnishings the way it's painted now. Should I go ahead with my project or try to find someone who wants it? Can someone advise? cmw_res@hotmail.com

From Mary, 6/26/2008  2:10 PM

Cleaning out my folks house. Anyone interested in a Union-National stereo-high fidelity Credenza? Lovely piece of furniture. . . raido,record player and ...unfortunately, an 8 track tape player. Sound is terrific. Located in Middletown RI. Union-National catalog will be sent to Jamestown H.Society if no interest. My aunt was from Jamestown and in the same H.S. class as Lucille Ball.
My email:maryw8@earthlink.net

From Big Ron, 6/15/2008  7:53 AM

My wife and I have a Table and Buffet from the Union Furniture Co from Jamestown NY. So it was made before they became Union National. It was job #745 and it was manufactured for Sibley, Lindsay & Curr Co. Rochester, NY.

It is in excellent condition. It has all 6 original chairs, that have been re-upholstered sometime in the past.

Does anyone have an idea how much this could be worth?

Ron

From john, 3/30/2008  6:19 PM

I inherited a beautiful white french provincial hand painted Union National diningroom set serial number 47463.I includes a mahogeny table with white painted legs with twop leafs.An amour,and a glass breakfront that is eight feet long,and seven feet high.I would like to sell but I have no idea of it's value.I would appreciate help.John

From Val Wedler, 3/18/2008  2:10 PM

I am looking to purchase a roll top desk, solid cherry wood in excellent condition from the National/Mt Airy line. Can anyone tell me how much it is worth?

From Penny Deal, 3/17/2008  12:41 AM

You have a real treasure, good luck.

From Biff Nelson, 3/16/2008  8:34 PM

We have a Union National Bedroom set which consists of a nine foot dresser with nine drawers, two night stands and a headboard. The color is a white with gold trim and flo__l displays on the drawers. After reading up on Union National it was obviously a top of the line company. We're interested in selling this, it's not really our taste. Anyone have any suggestions? We also have a huge china hutch I think may be from them but we cannot find any markings. I have pictures if anyone can help.

From Rocco, 3/16/2008  4:02 PM

oops, Rocco's e-mail is: netroco88@netscape.net

From Rocco, 3/16/2008  4:00 PM

I have the 40 page "Furniture Designed for Gracious Living" catalog with the French Provincial dining room set on the cover, sections on French and Italian Provincial, Breakfronts, Contemporary, Venetian and Louis-Seize Directoire...8 1/4" x 11" format...very good condition, $50

From Cindy Lisowski, 3/4/2008  9:02 AM

I have a green painted dining room set with raspberry color flowers on the doorfronts. The set came with six chairs. I am looking to purchase at least two more armless chairs. If anyone has these for sale please call 412-531-5160 or email zetl@comcast.net.

From quinton, 3/3/2008  4:25 PM

My e mail address is quintonruffin@yahoo.com
in Kingston, ny

From Quinton, 3/3/2008  4:21 PM

I have a union national brakefront in very good condtion and will be part with it. If anyone is intereated. please contact me. I know it has a lot of history behide it.

From Molly, 2/18/2008  6:23 PM

I have a union national dinning set 1973 or so, does anyone know were I can get repair for the chairs or if I can replace them? ponderosadrywall@wmonline.com

From Joyce Augustyn, 2/10/2008  5:27 PM

joyce@mjaugie.net

From Joyce Augustyn, 2/10/2008  5:27 PM

I can scan the catalog and email it to you!

From mary, 2/10/2008  3:47 PM

posting a great carved oak union national dining room set this evening on ebay! It is wonderful for its age and underpriced, im sure. Its a friend of mines from her late aunt. absolutely beautiful! six chairs buffet server china closet with locking liquor cabinet... too cool! mary Mpitc2000@aol.com

From Dave Van Zandt, 2/9/2008  7:29 PM

I have a governor Withrop type desk that was made by Union National. It was refinished by a master craftsman probably 60 years ago and finished in a satin mahogany. My Dad who died in 1989 had it done. It is beautiful and we love it. I have one problem, it had the old sliding type brass hinges on each side on the desk top directly above the wooden slideouts. One of the hinges is bad and needs to be replaces. Does anyone have any idea of where I might be able to find such an item?? Thanks    

From Beth, 2/9/2008  2:10 PM

I have a beautiful, mint condition twin bedroom suite (6 main pieces) by Union National, Inc. The set includes two twin beds (with headboards, footboards, sideboards, new, unused mattresses & box springs), a two-tiered night stand to go between the beds, a 12 drawer dresser with beautiful oranate matching mirror, and a vanity with fold up mirror in the middle. I also have two stools (one to go with vantiy, one an accent piece) and a matching rug to go with the suite. I inhereited this with the house I inherited from my grandmother. My girls are grown now and I want to make the room into an office. The set is an antiqued mint green with gold trim and hand painted floral designs on all pieces. The nightstand and dresser have beveled, cut glass tops. If ANYONE has ANY info on what this set is worth - I would be forever grateful for the insight. I am planning on listing this on Craigs List within the next week. Many thanks, Beth (bethgore@aol.com)

From Paul, 2/6/2008  5:32 AM

I have a 3 piece bedroom set with the Union National plate on the side of a drawer. On the back of the 5 drawer dresser it says " #127" and "/2718/". Can anyone tell me anything about it or where I can go to get info on this set?
Thanks,
Paul

From ALLIE, 2/6/2008  12:28 AM

Hi Allie,
I have a 60" oval Union National dinning room table and 4 cainback chairs.
My email is...... adriennewanek@yahoo.com
Sincerely,
Adrienne

From Adrienne Wanek, 2/6/2008  12:10 AM

Hi folks.
I have a Union National {Jamestown,N.Y.} oval dinning room table FOR SALE. It is a creamy off white color with hand painted gold flowers and gold leaf trim. Exquisite.
The table is a 60" oval with table pads and 4 cain back
chairs. This set belonged to my parents who made the purchase in 1955. I do know at the time,that they paid
many thousands of dollars for this furniture which was purchased at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago,Il.
Willing to part with these 5 pieces for $1750.00.
E-Mail adriennewanek@yahoo.com
Phone   847-952-8112

From Harry, 2/5/2008  1:15 AM

i am looking for original in new condition 2 table leaves dark color gold trimmed famous union national design, i own the table but need the leaves, please contact me asap at southcake@aol.com

From Murielle Saint-Jacues, 1/9/2008  4:48 PM

Sorry, my email is: mjoannis@videotron.ca

From Murielle Saint-Jacques, 1/9/2008  4:45 PM

I have for sale a Union National secretary that has a bookcase with four glass doors above desk area, which drops down desk lid. Bottom section has five drawers and two doors. The unit has a metal plate Union National Inc James Town / carved with wood pattern / Brass furniture hardware / Height 87” / Width 56” / Depth 15”/ very good condition.
When I purchased it from an antiquary, approximately 20 years ago, it was 100 years
If someone is interested by this unit, I would like to hear of you.
Photographs upon request.

From Bobby turley, 12/30/2007  11:00 PM

A few years I got a dresser at a sale in Santa Barbra and I just noticed the union national tag. It is a well made dresser, that has an Asian motif it is beautiful My question is ,is it worth any thing? It is in beautiful shape. Not a scratch on it.Thank you.

From Wayne, 12/29/2007  1:37 PM

Bryan... It's been so long since I worked there, I can't remember the prices. The best bet is to keep your eye open for a salesman's catolog which usually had the prices, although you'd have to find the right years. The price would also vary with the finish and decorations. Maybe an antique dealer could help.

From Bryan Edwards, 12/27/2007  9:12 PM

WAYNE-----do you remember what the retail price was on the 372BK116 was? I have one that I need to get a retail price on for insurance purposes and would appreciate your help. Thanks

From Bryan Edwards, 12/27/2007  9:10 PM

Joyce Augustyn....please post your email address. There are several people that would like to ask you questions about Union National, including myself. Please let us hear from you.

From Wayne, 12/25/2007  10:13 PM

Bill McCabe: I can't be 100% sure, it's been years, but I'm pretty sure that's the original phone number. My dad worked there 42 years, so I had to call there once in awhile.I worked there for a couple of years in the early 70's.In fact, I was an cabinet assembler and put together one of the runs of the 372BK116.Also, if I remember right, Union-National bought their electrical hardware for the cabinets from Acme Elec.

For the people looking for catologs, they're on E-bay from time to time. It's hard to tell what years they cover unless it's stated and I don't know about price lists. Just keep checking. Sometimes you can find a salesman's catolog which will have prices.

From Russell Armstrong, 12/22/2007  9:30 AM

Joyce, you didn't give an e-mail address! I'm very interested in the Union National catalog. I have an awesome French Provential cherry dining room table with queen Anne style legs and maybe it's listed in your catalog?

My e-mail:
ruskull.1@juno.com

From Joyce Augustyn, 12/19/2007  12:05 PM

Union-National and Embassy House Furniture companies in Jamestown, NY, made beautiful, high quality furniture up until the sale of the company. As with other companies, the numbering indicates the collection from which the piece comes. A 372BK116 is from the 372 collection, is a Breakfront, and is 116 inches long. That is one of the most beautiful, and most successful pieces the company made.

One of my duties as the president's secretary many years ago, was to keep up with the price lists. In the early '70's it was not unusual to see a dining room suite or bedroom suite sell for over $10,000! The handpainted or gold-leafed designs are exquisite.

If you have the opportunity to own this beautiful furniture, take it! I still own the pieces I bought while I worked there, and will never give it up. If anyone is interested, I still have the Union-National catalog, but unfortunately no price lists.

From bryan, 12/13/2007  11:21 AM

My grandparents home has just burned. It contained a large number of Union National furniture pieces. They had a green hand decorated bedroom set with dresser, chest of drawers, night stands, etc. Also a large breakfront or buffet with hutch type top. Numerous other pieces also.

I need to locate a source where I can get some idea as to the value and replacement cost of this furniture. I would appreciate direct email replies with information to w5kft@arrl.net.   Thanks for any help that folks can provide.

From Della Martin, 11/29/2007  10:28 AM

I am looking for an union national breakfront ..
..it's two pieces..top piece has...36 beveled gl-ss panels with four doors..bottom section has 4 drawers with a secretary .... I purchased one at an estate sale and fell in love with it. I would like to buy another just like it. Email me at craftyda@earthlink.net.

From Lesley, 11/9/2007  1:33 AM

Hi i ahve posted before about my breakfront from jamestown,Ny ..........its chinosorie and bought in 1940' i presume..please scroll back to the description am interested in selling it,, contact me please at jehene@excite.com

From Nita, 11/7/2007  6:07 PM

We want to sell a Union National buffet (68" W x 21" D x 36" H). It has four drawers and two doors. Really nice and in great shape. If you are interested, please email us at fbadesign@oh.rr.com.

From Bill McCabe, 11/3/2007  10:13 PM

To Wayne: Thanks for decoding my shelf. Since I'm on a roll with my questions, this particular breakfront did not come with a Union National tag but did come with an electrician's receipt (Acme Electrical) made out to Union National, Jamestown, NY. Was the original factory phone number (716) 487-1165?

From LIsa, 10/30/2007  12:44 AM

I have a chance to purchase a china cabinet. The Brand in National/Mt Airy.   What is the quality of this line? How much should I pay? It's about 10 years old.

Thanks

From kellie, 10/23/2007  11:19 AM

I have for sale a union-national dining room table with 3 leaves, 2 arm chairs, 3 reg. The chairs are handpainted and signed with an oriental design. They have original coushins stuffed with palm fiber and cotton. The labels are still intact. Please contact me, twhorse60@hotmail.com Thank you, Kellie

From Lisa, 10/18/2007  12:51 PM

Hello,
I recently purchased a Union National bedroom set which is painted a teal green with gold trim. The set was originally purchased in the 1950's. I was wondering if anyone new how to clean this painted furniture without damaging the painted finish? The previous owner was probably a heavy smoker as the finish looks like it has yellowed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Lisa    (lmcdooley@verizon.net)

From Allie, 10/9/2007  3:12 PM

I am looking for a round Union National dining table with leaves. Please email me if you have something like this. Thanks! ryanalix@frontiernet.net

From Sonny, 10/3/2007  3:50 PM

National Furniture Company Jamestown, New York.

From Sonny Southerlin, 10/3/2007  3:48 PM

I have a parlor/library table with lable "National Furniture Company" Maked with Ser# 500. Any idea where I can get some information on this table. Worknforu@aol.com. Thanks

From kellie, 10/2/2007  11:12 AM

I have a dining table with 3 leaves and 5 chairs I would like to sell, they are signed and hand painted, chinese or japonese? Union-National,inc. with original label under the seats, also original seat covers palm fiber and cotton.

From Wayne, 9/27/2007  7:55 PM

To Bill McCabe: The code means that the shelves are for a , as it says, a 372BK116 breakfront. 372 was a model No., BK stands for breakfront, and 116 is the width of the cabinet in inches. They were labeled to keep track of what shelves went with what piece of furniture.

From arlenedunn, 9/27/2007  1:20 PM

Am interested in purchasing a chinoserie dining table--black lacquer
If anyone is looking to sell pls contact me at arlenedunn@rcn.com
Thank you

From Lesley, 9/15/2007  8:46 PM

Hello// I have posted info before about my chinoiserie breakfront..if anyones has any info whatsoever a bout it please send email.. it's from my grandparents and probably purchased in the 40's.. but not sure..it is oriental influence.. handpainted design..height is 82".
...width is..53"..has glass dividers but the glass on each section is 1 piece..its in 2 sections.. 2nd piece has a secretariat..in very good condition has been in our family only....please email me at jehene@excite.com

From Bill McCabe, 8/24/2007  11:04 PM

The wooden shelves in my chinoiserie breakfront are stamped 372 BK 116. Does anyone know what this code means?

From Kristin, 7/2/2007  1:04 PM

I have four georgeous Noce Bruno (Cherry Walnut) dining chairs. They need reupholstering as I am selling only the frames, but much worth it. I still have the very original tag the chairs were sold under and it looks to be dated back to 1940's/50's. Please email me for pictures and more info. if you are interested. I live in Hollywood, CA local pick-up is preferred, however shipping can be arranged at buyers expense.

From Bill McCabe, 7/1/2007  8:13 PM

I just located and purchased the 10' Chnoiserie breakfront and am no longer looking for this piece.

From Renee, 6/23/2007  4:37 PM

I am interested in purchasing a Union National mahogany breakfront. If any one no someone please e-mailat rnpstr@aol.com

From Howard, 6/20/2007  4:47 PM

I own several pieces of Union National furniture purchased in the 1970's. There is now only one American manufacturer that is of the same quality of construction, finish and styling. That is Karges Furniture of Evansville, Indiana. As far as value, that company now has dressers in the $20,000 range and breakfronts priced up to $40,000. A dining chair can cost over $3,000.

From Gail, 6/17/2007  12:12 PM

email for Gail is gail_bongiovi@yahoo.com

From Gail, 6/17/2007  12:09 PM

Anyone interested in purchasing individual or all pieces of an ornate, 30-year-old Union National Furniture Co., master bedroom suite, e-mail me for specific information.

From don johnson, 6/10/2007  4:08 PM

we have a dinning room table expandable with three leaves.oval in beautiful walnut. six chairs, breakfront and hutch,middle door and two side doors,beveled glassdoors. bought second hand early 50ts. has metal label in breakfront drawer, wondering what it might be worth.

From Bill McCabe, 6/9/2007  9:46 PM

I am interested in purchasing a Union National Chinoiserie Breakfront preferably with wooden shelves. If you are looking to sell such a piece, please contact Bill @ bmccabe1@verizon.net.

From Cheryl, 6/1/2007  4:38 PM

I am possibly interested in buying a piece of furniture made by the Union-National Furniture Company. My grandfather's sister was married to Alldor Nord. It would be a great family legacy to have a piece of their furniture. The biggest problem is that I live in California so I am not sure if shipping would just be cost prohibitive. Please e-mail me with pictures if you are interested in selling. Cherylcro@aol.com

From Wendy, 5/25/2007  8:59 AM

I have a beautiful dining room set from my grandparents. My father says it was purchased in the early 40's. Paper tag says Union-National Furniture company, Jamestown New York. Consists of pedestal table with 2 12" leaves, 6 Lyre back chairs (2 with arms)and fluted legs, and a "buffet table" with 4 large drawers, 2 smaller drawers and two doors. Perhaps Cherry/Rosewood in a semi-dark mahogany finish. I am in Ohio, and am looking for a buyer before I move south. Clancyj@fuse.net

From Ken, 5/20/2007  9:18 AM

I have a georgeous secretary with metal plate that has
a two door bookcase above desk area, drop down desk lid,
many drawers and cubicles,four drawers below and with ball and claw feet. The drawers are beautifully carved with origional hardware. Down-sizing and must sell.
Photographs upon request.

From michael, 4/20/2007  2:11 PM

sorry did not include email for reply above 4/20/07 2:07:42 -----------mykl236@aol.com

From Michael, 4/20/2007  2:07 PM

Have dining set with extension 4 chairs 2 arm chairs to match - tall glass door and drawer 4 leg china cabint and a tall 4 leg buffet table ALL MATCHING with metal gold plate w/ Union National emblum - Looking to sell to best bid. It won't last long act quickly - beautiful pieces!

From patricia hopkins, 4/14/2007  4:16 PM

I have an end table that has the name monitor furniture company jamestown inside the drawer is it worth much?

From Vickie, 4/13/2007  8:31 AM

I am looking for a replacement for a convex formed glass that was broken. The piece of furniture was manufactured by Union National and given as a gift new 1956 from a furniture store in Ohio. The piece is called a breakfront and is in two pieces, top and bottom. My email address is vickiemlfrd4@aol.com

From michael, 4/3/2007  10:35 PM

I JUST PURCHASED A HI-BOY CHEST,VANITY WITH CHAIR
AT A GARAGE SALE.ALL 3 PIECES STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL
PAPER TAG FROM NATIONAL FURNITURE CO.JAMESTOWN NY.I AM
TRYING TO FIND OUT WHEN IT WAS MANUFACTURED AND WHAT
IT MIGHT BE WORTH.IT'S IN VERY GOOD SHAPE.I PLAN TO KEEP IT BECAUSE IT WORKS WELL IN OUR HOME.THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE

From Kitty Newman, 3/30/2007  1:07 PM

We have a Union National bedroom set that we would like to sell. We are moving to a smaller place and there is no room for it. It is antiqued green, bombay front triple dresser with mirror, two night stands, armoir and king size headboard. Hand painted and signed by "Vera". It was featured on the front of their catalog (1970ish) and we have the catalog too. If there are any interested parties, please contact us at newman_kitty@hotmail.com. Even if you are not interested, but have information about the value, artist, etc. we would love to hear from you.

From Scott, 3/28/2007  10:49 AM

We have recently been commissioned by Habitat of Humanity of Brevard County Florida to sell off an estate for them. There are numerous pieces of Union-National Furniture, some have been re-painted in white. The main piece is a Talon Claw Footed Secretary, one piece with a two glass door hutch.
If there is any interest in this piece or some others, please contact us at treasureboutique@yahoo.com.

From Phyllis freedman, 3/26/2007  4:11 PM

I have Union National furniture. Unfortunately I now do not have enough room for it all. I have beautiful round dining room table, with four 18 inch leaves. The table seats 14. and comes with 4 side chairs and 2 armchairs.

I also have a magnificent coffee table 32"x63" with Chinoiserie trim.
Thanks,
Phyllis Freedman
phfreedman@cox.net

From Patty, 3/20/2007  2:29 PM

I have found a Union-National, Inc., catalog amongst boxes I am off-loading after several moves. The company sent me the catalog on my request back in the 70s or early 80's. The furniture is art: asian influence, some painted. I plan on sending the catalog
to "Joni" at the Jamestown historical society.

From Rochelle, 3/18/2007  7:42 PM

I have a Union National dining room set and am looking to purchase additional chairs (I believe the style of the chairs is called wing back). I would also like to purchase additional material to match my current chairs. If anyone is looking to sell their chairs or has leftover material from Union National please contact me at batyae@excite.com. Thanks.

From Derek, 3/17/2007  12:19 PM

I have a dining table with 7 union national chairs and I am looking to purchase 1-4 more. I am willing to pay $200 for each chair and even more if they are in good shape. Let me know if you have any of such chairs for sale.

From Meg Bouchard, 3/11/2007  8:30 AM

I have a single pedestal mahogany dining table, matching buffet with 3 drawers,2 doors,6 fluted legs and a matching china hutch with fluted legs, 2 drawers and glass front. All have the original tag - Union Furniture, Jamestown NY. Delivery address to Gloucester Ma. I would like to sell these pieces. Does anyone know what this is worth and where to sell? Thanks - Meg
megbouchard@comcast.net

From Lee, 3/4/2007  11:36 PM

Hi, I have a chance to purchase a lovely piece of Union National . Lovely but impractical , but I do love it! It is a 9 foot long vanity / dresser. Has a fold out mirror in the center. This is made from blond wood, not sure what type. Also has the original stool. Very elegant looking. Of course it matches nothing in my house and my husband just looked at it and then me in amazement. However , if I could convince him it would be a good investment , he might just come around. The seller is asking 225.00. Could anyone tell me if this is reasonable. Thanks in advance for your help, Lee

From Dave, 3/3/2007  10:58 AM

I was looking to see how much secretary desk with leather in-lays would be worth. Inherited it but it doesn't really go with our decor. Sits in room collecting dust and junk on top of it.

From lucy, 3/2/2007  8:51 AM

i recently purchased a pair of nightstands and king headboard all handpainted with flowers against a creamy white finish..it is signed by b. migliore..its a beautiful set that i will be listing on ebay..the set has the metal tag inside the drawers..

From Sharon, 2/24/2007  10:29 AM

I also have a large Union National Breakfront w/ bevelled glass doors. I would like to get rid of it, but I don't know what it is worth. How can I find out?

From Jo Davis, 2/23/2007  9:08 AM

I have a Union-National hutch that I inherited from my parents. I believe they bought it in the 40's or 50's. I have the original price tag, with the Breakfront #. It is the teal green, two piece, with beveled glass, and hand painted flowers on it. It has a secretary, pull out drawer, plus 3 large drawers, and 8 smaller drawers. If anyone has any information on it, I would love to hear from you!! my e-mail is:
rayjodavis@aol.com

From Jason Martyniuk, 2/22/2007  2:14 PM

I have a buffet, dont know much about it, I belive its from the 40's or 50's, if anybody can give me any info. on it i would be in debt to you.
               Thanks,
                   Jason Martyniuk

From Jean, 2/4/2007  8:42 AM

My email: jccircle@verizon.net

From Jean, 2/4/2007  8:40 AM

I have a two piece Union National breakfront, with oriental paintings. looking for a buffet.

From Elizabeth Gleason, 1/14/2007  7:30 PM

I have a little history on the Natoinal Furniture COmpany. My grandfather was a fine artist and began work there from 1945-1948. He painted many of the black laquer oriental designs. If anyone is interested in parting with their pieces feel free to email me. He recently passed away. His name was Merrill Coffin.

From Eden's Keeper, 1/1/2007  2:13 PM

I have just listed all the samples on eBay. Just go to edenskeeper.com or search eBay for Union National for the listing. I can't seem to post a link from here. I also have additional photos and company liturature which is not shown. Email me with any questions at edens_keeper@hotmail.com

From annette becker, 12/31/2006  4:24 PM

I am looking for uion national chest of drawers, desk and dining room table

From lesley, 12/28/2006  3:02 PM

I have an union national breakfront i acquired from grandmother ..am interested in appraisal..it's two pieces..top piece has...        36 beveled glass panels with four doors..bottom section has 4 drawers with a secretary ..please answer me at... jehene@excite.com

From Eden's Keeper, 12/8/2006  10:17 AM

If anyone has any questions about my collection, just email me at edens_keeper@hotmail.com

From Eden's keeper, 12/7/2006  1:58 PM

I have an extensive collection of salesman samples showing the various textures, finishes and other art work, several of which are signed by the artist, in miniature form. I also have product literature, photographs of finished items and other information on some of their furnature and all of this will be listed for sale on eBay in the coming days/weeks. Just keep looking at this eBay store...

www.edenskeeper.com

This collection was aquired as the company closed in the 1990's and contains some amazing and beautiful finishes that are hand painted and very detailed. A must see if your a seroius collector. When the sale is listed I will post the link here.

From SAMUEL REINHOLD, 12/3/2006  12:49 PM

I have a Union national Breakfront. I am looking to purchace a matching buffet or server. please contact me at SAMUEL.REINHOLD@VERIZON.NET

From Harry, 12/2/2006  11:10 AM

I own a 2-piece breakfront from Union National, Jamestown, N.Y. The top section with four doors with 36 beveled glass panels. The bottom section has pull-out secretary drawer and four storage section doors.

Where can I find a reference or catalogue that may have detailed description of piece for advertising purposes?

From Chris, 11/27/2006  8:21 PM

I recently inherited a Union National Inc. dining room set of fine furnature. Unfortunately, the key to the doors in the bureau has been lost. Can anyone offer advice? (Found this site and learned that company closed in 1994.) Thanks.

From Derek, 11/26/2006  8:23 PM

I failed to post my email address on the chairs message:
derek_apel@yahoo.com

From Derek, 11/26/2006  8:20 PM

I am looking to purchase 1-6 chairs made by Union National for my dining room set. If anyone would like to part with their chinoiserie chairs let me know I am willing to pay a reasonable price if they match my existing chairs.

From Renee, 11/23/2006  2:59 PM

I failed to post my e-mail address on the Rosewood hutch/secreariat piece

From Renee, 11/19/2006  8:47 PM

Recently I have purchased Union National Rosewood hutch/secretariat piece from an antique store. It has lights in it. I don't know what year it was from and am trying to find out what year it is from.I am looking for a sideboard piece to go with it. I have tried to find information on the company and have not found any information on the company. Does anybody have any information on the comapny?

From Milt, 11/4/2006  11:30 AM

I have a Union National Bedroom set purchased in 1950 as follows: A Full size Bed w/sculptured design headboard, side rails & footboard. Also have an Armoire, fullsized/lg. dresser w/mirror & 2 nightstands in mint condition. wood is Blond mahoghany & finish is light ash gray...Can furnish photos UPON REQUEST....Would like to know approx. valuation. All inquiries welcome... reply to Milt at the following e-mail address: taxman3@comcast.net

From Deborah, 10/5/2006  3:43 PM

I submitted an early request on an information on our black lacquer four poster canopy bedroom set w/ 5 additional pieces. The pieces were hand painted by Roger Tory Peterson w/ oriental/asian decor, approximately 30 years old it purchased approx. 30 years ago never used and has been in storage for 22 years. Any info on value please contact me personally at (856) 667-3139 Phone, Email: gabby803@comcast.net.

Pictures can be furnished to anyone thru the internel.

Thank you,

Deborah

From Deborah, 10/5/2006  3:23 PM

I have a beautiful Union National queen bedroom set (5 pieces plus queen bed) black laquer, hand painted, with additional oriental/asian detail. Never been used was kept in a spare room. I would like to get an idea of its value, etc. Pictures can be furnished thru the internet also.

If anyone has any information on this company or particular set please contact me.

From Pennie, 9/24/2006  8:24 PM

I as well, have a Union National piece inherited through a home purchase. From the sellers information, the piece was purchased in San Francisco in the 40’s by his parents. He was elderly. Our piece is a hutch/secretariat, (as it has a pull out desk function). It is a black lacquer/Asian type finish with very ornate Asian paintings/scenes (chinoserie?). The inside is red but the piece to me has an overall English look to it. It’s a very unusual piece of furniture. We are currently using it as a china hutch, not a secretariat, but it could also be used as a curio or display. We have gotten many compliments on the piece but information about it’s maker has be difficult at best to come by. I had done a little research on the company and discovered that they were no longer in operation, or so it seems. But in trying to find similar pieces for some sort of valuation has proved difficult. I have found pieces on e-Bay but they seemed unlike mine and very much newer. I would be very curious to know if anyone out there had an older piece of Union National furniture appraised and what they discovered. Just_happy@msn.com

From Ryan, 9/11/2006  1:22 PM

I have recently acquired a tall dresser with the Union National, Inc. rectangular plate inside the top drawer. This beautiful (needs refinished) five drawer dresser is curved at the front with column like molding going down each front-sides. One draw has seperators built in. I am guessing it may be from the 30's but completely unsure of it's age or value. If anyone has additional info. I would be very appreciative.

From Doris, 9/11/2006  1:20 PM

Hellow all! I have a Union National Dining Room set also for sale. It is gorgeous and in mint condition. I would like any information at all possible as to where to sell this. I am going to try eBay, nothing to lose.

From Herschel Friedman, 8/27/2006  7:37 PM

Received this beautiful Union National Dining Room Set from my in-laws as a wedding gift. China Closet features 6 beveled glass french doors extra wide and extra deep to fit the largest estate silver heirloom pieces. Ufortunately our architect failed to leave sufficient continuous wall space to fit this oversized beauty in our new home. The set includes 6 chairs and a DR table with 2, 18 inch slide in leaves. Interested?   hfcpa@aol.com

From Sam Alessi, 8/13/2006  9:49 PM

Union National made premier furniture in Jamestown NY before WWII. The black lacquer finish was decoerated with oriental detail, and one of the artists was naturalist Roger Tory Peterson. You can contact John Nord 509 Lakeview Ave Jamestown NY 14701 for more details. His family owned the factory in its heyday.

From Rick Finch, 6/27/2006  12:39 PM

I failed to post my email rfinch1@bak.rr.com

From Rick Finch, 6/27/2006  12:33 PM

I own a breakfront hutch that is black lacquer with painted oriental design.. The hutch is made in two pieces, the upper portion has four glass doors with gold leaf interior and glass shelves with lighting at the inside top. It is 14 inches in depth , 56 inches wide, and 80 inches tall.. The backside label says Union-National Inc Fine Furniture Jamestown N. Y. Hand written on the back is A20W66 90057 GTW. I suspect the 90057 is a Los Angeles zip code.
It was purchased by my father in 1982 from a furniture dealer in Ventura Ca.
I was hoping to find a replacement door pull for one of the doors.

From Debbie, 6/18/2006  10:04 PM

Union National Dining Room set reply. My email address is dhome@comcast.net

From Debbie, 6/18/2006  9:54 PM

A Union National dining room set (table w/expander, 6 chairs, 2 larger chairs, buffet table and another matching side table w/wheels)was given to my husband. Since we are moving into a country farm house, we won't have much need for such a beautiful formal set. Its' center has a sunburst-type design in the wood grain, as well the matching buffet table. My mother-in-law said that when she purchased this from Union National the sales rep commented that Lucille Ball had just purchased the exact same set... We have had many people comment on its' beauty. Does anyone know where we could find the value or potential buyer for this set? E-bay has nothing from Union National available. It is in mint condition. Thanks

From Joni, 2/22/2006  4:54 PM

I am the director of the local history center in Jamestown NY. The Union National Company was formed in 1939 from the National Furniture Company. The Nord family has run the company since 1891. The Union National company produced high end quality hardwood furniture for many celebrities including Wayne Newton, Lucille Ball, Jerry Lewis and William Holden. Their forte was hand painted decorations. The company closed in May of 1994, still under the Nord's control.
We are in need of furniture company catalogs like Union National's.

From francie, 2/18/2006  1:38 AM

My Mom and Dad also have a dining room set from Union. It is solid cherry wood and a French design. She says it is very expensive and back in the 1950's was THE company for expensive furniture. If anyone has any news on the company, please write. She wants to give me the set which inclides a table 6-8 chairs, china cabnit and buffet. I am looking at some century pieces currently but was curious to what the set is worth.

From amy, 2/15/2006  11:41 AM

I have a bedroom set with the metal plate Union National, Inc., Jamestown, New York that I purchased from an estate sale approximately 25 years ago. It has beautiful graining in the wood of the double dresser and has an oriental element to it. Does anyone know anymore about this as to age, and whether it is a keeper?

From nikki, 2/12/2006  6:54 AM

Check out this website for tons of info on Union National:
http://www.prendergastlibrary.org/Extra!Extra!/index/u.htm

From Jan, 2/9/2006  7:56 PM

Will Do, James. So far I'm not having any luck.

From james lamm, 2/9/2006  7:54 PM

hi, i own a dining room set that is all so made by the same people, if you find out more about this company,union national, please pass it on to me. thanks james lamm. jrlamm33@aol.com

From Jan, 2/4/2006  8:25 AM

Thanks for the info on the Union National, Jamestown NY.
I'm not sure how long these pieces have been in the family, 40 - 50 years that I know of. It is very sturdy, and the drawers are notched. I just didn't know if it was something I should hang on to or not, as it is really not my style, and we are moving next month to a much smaller place. Guess I'll "ponder" some more.

From Ed Ahern, 2/3/2006  10:36 PM

Union National did indeed make fine furniture in Jamestown, NY. They were acquired by Wall St. financier, Webb Turner in an attempt to create a furniture dynasty in the late seventies or early eighties. He acquired several furniture manufacturers, including Union National, State of Newburg, Deville, Burlington Furniture Industries and a few others. He learned, as did several others over the years, that the standard corporate model rarely works in the furniture industry.