Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Leather Italia USA Secti0nal

Hi: I've read a few posts here. We are thinking of buying a leather sectional or sofa for the first time. We are looking at one from Leather Italia USA and one from Chateau d'ax. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two brands? I've seen a few posts about Chateau d'ax, but none about Leather Italia USA. Also the one from Chateau d'ax is thru Macy's and I've seen some complaints posted about Macy's. Any help concerning durablity, quality, etc. would be appreciated. This is going in our TV room and will get a lot of use. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Posted By Wendy, 3/27/2007

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From robbie johnson, 10/22/2008  5:05 PM

I had same problem with this chair. macys sent out tech and agreed to exchange; however, before they arrived odor disapated....i love the look of this chair.

From r johnson, 8/18/2008  5:37 PM

just bought chair from macys advertised as Swivel Chair.tags say Chateau d'Ax. this chair has a distinctive chemical odor. macys is sending technician. has anyone else had this problem

From Paul, 4/6/2007  3:41 PM

I have a 1 yr old recliner and sofa from Chateau D'ax/Macy's. The sofa is fine. The recliner is falling apart (arm's like flopping bird wings). The arm tops, which are full rounded arms, are apparently cardboard!They have slowly but surely become concave. Macy's CS is a disgrace. They will not honor warranty because the defect is "from use".

No that is not a typo. Apparently, their policy is that if it gets through your door and breaks the next day it is not a manufacturing defect. Even though Chateau D'ax claims 3 yr warranty on frame, Macy's won't declare this problem a defect.

My take is that chairs are made to be used. What a concept. If NORMAL use destroys it then the design and/or materials it is made from are not suitable for the implied usage. Macy's approach is "Well what if you sat on the arm?" I didn't! But what if I did? Should the arm collapse? I'm 61 years old! I don't jump on the furniture!!!!!