Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

How Old Is My Huntley by Thomasville

I have a mahogony china cabinet (hutch)and a side cart. On the inside there is a marking that says Huntley by Thomasville. I am trying to sell these pieces.I was wonder if anyone would now how I can tell how old they are? I know they are at least 15 yrs that is when we recived them from my grandmother. She had them before that. I just cant remember how long. If you have any information on when they started or stoped making Huntley, Email me at bigb0203@netzero.com.

Posted By Pamala, 10/6/2004

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From Pennina, 5/28/2020  4:35 PM

Your 9 drawer dresser is probably 1978

From Pamala, 7/7/2011  4:52 PM

How much its worth please :)
3555 310 change z 2 we have the whole bedroom set.

From elizabeth, 8/22/2007  2:38 AM

i have a 3 piece (huntley furniture by thomasville) bedroom set... the only think i know is that in 1961 thomasville bought out huntley, and that huntley had been around since early 1900's. i would love to know the value of my set.

From shenin, 9/24/2006  11:59 PM

I just purchased a beautiful vanity (dressing table?) with large oval mirror, 4-drawer chest, headboard & footboard with the Huntley seal in numerous spots in the furniture.

The pattern has diagonal lines making a V shape in the center of the large pieces (and drawers). I believe this is a veneer applied on the wood. The joins of the drawers are dove-tails and there are dusters? in the drawers (so you cant see whats in drawer below).

Can anyone give me any idea what this style is?

From Liz, 10/15/2005  2:18 PM

Have a Huntley old bedroom suite that I would like to sell. How do I get a good idea what to ask? Has 4 poster double bed, vanity with bench , 1 nightstand, Long dresser, tall dresser, and 2 mirrors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Liz. mlipsitz@suscom.net

From joyce, 9/26/2005  9:03 PM

I just purchased 2 pieces of Huntley by Thomasville at the Goodwill for $40. also. Does anyone know what kind of wood is under the paint someone applied?

From Ben, 6/26/2005  10:01 PM

so, does anyone actually reply to these? I just discovered that I have a Huntley by Thomasville dresser (7ft long, 9 drawers) picked it up at goodwill for $40. Solid wood, kind of freaks me out how heavy this thing is. Quality looking stuff but old as balls.

From Mike Tolbert, 1/17/2005  12:47 PM

We have a Huntley furniture Hutch/Buffet. That we believe is dated back to at least the 40's. Is their a way to tell exactly how old it is. Then we can find the value through on line appraisal? Thanks, Mike Tolbert 1metromanila@comcast.net

From Alecia, 1/12/2005  4:18 PM

My friend has a vanity, in one of the drawers there is a gold stamp that says huntley simmons furniture. On the back of the piece it says 320.3/4 toil tab.wal We were wondering about how old it is any help would be greatly appreciated. Alicia410msn.com

From THOMAS SOLICH, 1/9/2005  5:43 PM

Hi i have moved into a apartment in a house where a old woman use to live and in the kne wall storage i have found what i think may be a sleagh bed complete with rails,headboard and piece for the and by your feet it has a round plate type tag on the back of the headboard that says huntley furniture if you can tell me anything about this bed that would be great thanks Tom MALIBUT1980@AOL.COM

From Chrissy, 1/8/2005  2:29 PM

I recently acquired an old dresser that has a metal disk on the right side of the inside top drawer stamped Huntley Simmons Furniture. Apparently the drawers used to have some kind of veneer on them, which has all but disappeared, revealing beautiful, solid popplar underneath. Talking to two friends of mine, it would appear that the dresser is probably from the 40s. Can anyone either confirm this or tell me where I can find out more about the company?

From Patricia Conkle, 1/1/2005  9:11 PM

We have a standard size bed, headboard and footboard, it has carved harps on the footboard, and stamped 1716, wood appears to be mahogany, though not as dark as mahog! pjpursley@verizon.net

From Linda West, 12/18/2004  12:07 PM

To Eddie Crawford: We have a Huntley Furniture bedroom suite. It includes the full bed and dresser. If you are interested, please e-mail me at the above e-mail address and we will send photos. We are located just below Chattanooga, about 120 miles from Atlanta. Thanks! Linda

From eddie crawford, 12/9/2004  5:52 AM

i just purchased a huntley dressor and chest on chest   no bed or nite stand AM LOOKING FOR A BED TO GO WITH IT!! anyone interesting in replying email or phone in ga near atlanta   digsclay@aol.com   6 78 371 2534   10 dec 2004 mucho thanks

From Denise, 11/20/2004  3:06 PM

I have a antique chest dresser with the Huntley Gold Emblem in one of the small drawers. It has two small drawers and 4 long drawers. I am into modern furniture and am cleaning house. I would like a ballpark figure just throwing out of about how much it could be worth. It does not say Thomasville or anything but Huntley Gold in gold. Thank You

From Guest, 11/13/2004  5:50 PM

Everyone who wants to know what their Huntley furniture is worth might contact www.furniturebrains.com. They do inexpensive appraisals. There may be other companies as well that provide appraisal services. I invite them to post to this message string. - Russell

From breeze, 11/13/2004  12:21 AM

I was given a bedroom Huntley set [all pieces have the gold medallian in top drawer etc]It's all the original stain Where can I find out what this is worth? I have absolutely no interest in it-all pieces are HUGE and "square-ish" the mirror on the vanity is larger than most economy cars. What I have is head and foot board with side boards 5 drawer vanity with the obtuse mirror and a glass shelf and the bench that goes with it that needs a cushion [only thing missing of the set that I know]ÊÊ4 huge drawer dresser [tall] Ê3 drawer night stand. I only looked at the #'s on the vanity and dresser 2061 3/4
and 2060 1/2 Any help is greatly appreciated!Thanks! ÊÊÊÊÊÊÊ

From trina, 11/12/2004  7:57 PM

I have a huntley dresser on dresser that has a gold stamp with Huntley Furniture Simmons in the top drawer. And 5200 1/2 CHIFF WAL on the back. Im going to sell it but have no idea how old it is or how much to ask for it. Can anyone give me any ideas. Thanks. trina

From jeff bockus, 10/31/2004  6:42 PM

i have a huntley buffet. it was given to me by my aunt who received it from my great uncle. I was wondering as to its age and history. the only numbers on the peice are "g50 buff". can anybody out there offer help? Thank you very much. jeff

From Peter Schlosser, 10/8/2004  8:44 PM

Thomasville uses a code to mark their furniture--for example, 10111-375. It is a five digit-dash-three digit code. If you look at the back of your china you will see this code stenciled on the back, as well as a bunch of other numbers; email me with these numbers and I'll be able to give you an idea of when it was made.

From Guest, 10/7/2004  3:44 PM

Replies are posted to the message board and you will get a notice and a link back to your message page. Only the first message in the string gets a notification. Just click on the link and you will be able to view responses. If nobody posts a message, you will not get an email and you don't need to check the board. Additional posters to the message string need to check back by copying and pasting the web address to get back to a specific message page. - Russell.

From pamala, 10/7/2004  12:38 PM

if you are replying to "how old is my huntley"Can you e mail me directly I cant seen to figure out how to get my reply.bigb0203@netzero.com.