Over 154 Years of Service to the Furniture Industry
 Furniture World Logo

Locating Discontinued Universal furniture

I would like to see if anyone can locate a 5 or 6 drawer chest from Universal. It would be in a group starting with 406 model numbers. I bought my bedroom set about four years ago, so it probably has not been off the market too long. A description of the wood is : maple and walnut inlay lines and ash burl field. Door panels on the armoir and dresser have figured maple borders, walnut and maple veneer inlay lines and ash burl field. The hardware is antiqued brass.

Posted By rh0nda robbins, 4/24/2005

Login to Reply to this Topic

Replies

From nolanbrow@sbcglobal.net, 2/5/2016  12:50 PM

This message is for Kelly Shaw.  I do not have any Universal Secrets pieces to get rid of but interested in your queen bed head & footboard as I have queen and want to upgrade.  Where do you live? 

From rh0nda robbins, 7/15/2011  3:24 PM

I live in Michigan.=)I have a set of Reproduction 18th century traditional Chippendale Claw and Ball carved mahogany tables with claw and ball foot, made by Universal Furniture, I'd like to sell. These beautiful pieces include Hall Table-Coffee table-End Table. Skirt scalloped with shell-carved central drop. Tables have molded overhanging top.
All glass are removable panes.
They do have a few blemishes but can be easily fixed. Very nice just too big for the home I moved into.
Serious Inquires email detroitclusers@gmail.com

From beth, 5/1/2011  6:09 PM

I need a king headboard & footboard to the Woodland Collection .. Universal from late 1996 ... thanks, Beth

From Kelley Shaw, 2/10/2011  10:00 AM

I am looking for a king headboard and additional nightstand from Universal Secrets collection. I have a queen headboard/footboard if anyone is looking for this item.

From Deborah, 12/12/2010  11:55 AM

I am looking for Universal side dining room chairs. They are maple in color and have a shell at the top with what looks like a musical note atop angel's wings or ostrich legs. The number on the chairs is 408634.

From Tana, 10/15/2010  12:54 PM

I am looking for additional dining chairs, but do not know the style name. The numbers I found on the chairs are: KH10816 and SS2 0923A and written on the wood is 610637. The dining table also had a number: KH391

From Stacey, 9/9/2010  9:56 AM

I am looking for a king headboard in the style name of Secrets.

From Robert, 9/19/2007  12:10 PM

I have a LOT of discontinued Universal Furniture Brand new in the box in our warehouse near Memphis Tenn.
Fox Lane Furniture 783 W poplar Collierville TN
901 854 8081
All origional Universal before 2001 most groups.
Call Bob Landshof 901 854 8081 or e-mail

From Louise, 9/19/2007  11:30 AM

I am looking for two side chairs for the Universal Forum dining room set-style #408-634.

From JoAnn Webster, 3/4/2007  11:26 PM

Searching for discontinued Universal nightstand. It is a transitional collection inspired by Shaker designs; the finish is "Sundance Cherry". I purchased additional pieces at Havertys and it is now discontinued. The Haverys product# for the nightstand is 145028005 and collection description 117-350. Please email at j_webster@pwhome.com

From Angela Wright, 3/15/2006  8:35 AM

I am hoping someone can help me locate a nightstand from Universal #406 group. The nightstand has a marble top with a bottom that matches the sleigh bed. Thanks very much for your help in advance!! awlaria@aol.com

From Mike Adams, 3/5/2006  10:49 PM

I am hoping someone can help me locate a night stand from the Universal Woodland group. We have one, and need a second. This set was discontined around 1998, and was available at most major furniture retailers. The back of our existing night stand has the following identifiers: Universal Furniture Limited. Made in Taiwan. 942-350, KHH-961, KH90522. This is the ONLY piece we are missing to finish our bedroom, and we've been trying to locate it for years! Please email me at mike(at)adams.digitalrice.com or call 502-930-5458. THANKS!!!

From Jason Young, 3/1/2006  3:06 PM

Hello all! I am interested in buying the brownstone classic bedroom line from Universal Furnitre. The only problem is that no retailer within 100 miles of me has ANY pieces for me to view (bedroom, living room, etc.). I live in Lexington, KY. I was wondering if anyone has this line & can tell me about it & even send me a few real deal pics (not the ones of the website), so i can see what it looks like. I am being quoted $4800 for the set and don't want to spend that much cash on something before i see it. Even better, if someone knows where i can see one in person close to me, let me know. my email address is jyoung@vfginvest.com. Thanks ahead of time! Jason Y. jyoung@vfginvest.com

From Charles, 11/2/2005  12:13 AM

I am looking for some Universal Side Chairs, China Cabinet, server, and Arm Chair. The group number is Pendleton 458. It is in a Cherry wood finish. carchie@bellsouth.net

From Joe, 9/21/2005  2:36 AM

I need bedroom furniture universal Secrets line looking for more bedroom units please email jclarke389@hotmail.com or joeclarke9@aol.com call 320-420-5906

From Bram, 9/15/2005  5:35 PM

I am looking for a king size bed in a dark finish from the Universal Woodland group. I purchased the group about 8 years ago, but cannot find anyone who knows where I can get this bed. Help if you can. bmfuller@mindspring.com

From Cheryl, 9/6/2005  5:55 PM

I'm looking for two end tables which probably have glass inserts and a lower shelf. the beginning numbers are 275 sktr60@aol.com

From Sue, 8/29/2005  10:49 AM

I purchased a dining room table and 6 chairs from JC PENNEY about 6 years ago. The set is made by Universal Furniture and is called Marseilles pecan rose leaf design. I am looking for the matching china cabinet, but I can't locate it anywhere. Any suggestions? Thanks! susiem91@aol.com

From John, 7/15/2005  6:51 PM

i am trying to locate a discontinued universal king headboard/footboard and rails. i was told it was discontinued in '98. number is 917240c. if you have it, please contact me.....thanks, john jpb933@excite.com

From Denise, 7/12/2005  9:19 AM

I am looking for a highboy made by universal furniture possibly 1999 that is now discontinued. I believe it was the chaddwick or boudd design in cherry finish. It has the bonnet top with queen anne legs. can u help? qpdoll65@hotmail.com

From Wendy McDaniel, 7/11/2005  6:48 AM

I am looking for a headboard (no footboard) that matches our bedroom set. We've had it for around 13 years, and my husband believes it was made by Universal. However a few weeks ago we were looking around for a match and found a perfect one made by Kincaid, but it was missing the spindles! The dealer couldn't find them in their warehouse and the model was being discontinued. I truly hope someone out there can help me. I know it is in the style of "Queen Anne," but I do not know if it has a specific name. We need a queen size. mikenwendy2@cox.net

From jacqueline, 7/2/2005  8:19 PM

I need to find the discontinued chest from the universal Secrets line. Any suggestions??? JACKSMORGAN@YAHOO.COM