Weekly Business Tip #2 from Snap Finance: 3 Social Media Platforms Guaranteed to Grow Your Business
Furniture World News Desk on
The COVID-19 pandemic has permanently changed how furniture retailers do business. Because of this shift in the retail landscape, digital channels like social media are more important to your brand, your bottom line, and your longevity than ever before! These quick tips will show you how to use the three main social platforms - Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter - more effectively.
According to a report from Zephoria Digital Marketing, Facebook has 2.6 billion monthly users, and more than half of those users log in daily. That means thousands, or possibly millions, of people are out there waiting to hear from you!
Here are three ways to make your Facebook page stand out.
Do you need more advice? Facebook for Business
- Customize your profile’s URL. When you set up a Facebook for Business page, it will receive an automated URL. Customize it with your business’s name to make it easy for customers to find. Visit Facebook Help Center to learn how!
- Use your logo as your profile picture. Your profile picture appears in a small circle at the top of your profile, as well as next to your name whenever you post a status or leave a comment. Using your logo here will strengthen your visual brand.
- Display a high-quality cover photo/video. A cover photo is a large, rectangular image that appears across the top of your Facebook page. It “sets the tone” for your entire Facebook presence, according to the experts at Sprout Social. Place an eye-catching image or video here to elevate your page’s overall appearance and better establish your brand. For optimal results, keep images under 820x320 pixels and videos between 20 and 90 seconds.
provides information for social media marketers. Whether you’re a novice or a master, you’re sure to learn something new!
Instagram boasts an incredible 1 billion monthly users, about 63% of whom log in every day, according to a 2020 report from Hootsuite. It also has a unique advantage because its users are actively engaged in content from brands and businesses. According to the same report, about 200 million users specifically visit business profiles every single day. Make your profile stand out with these tips.
- Post to Instagram Stories. Stories are a type of “disappearing content” or content that appears on your profile for a set amount of time (in this case, 24 hours) before permanently disappearing from your profile. Capturing nearly 500 million views per day, they offer a powerful marketing opportunity! Visit the Instagram Stories Help Center for up-to-date instructions on creating and posting content to your Story.
- Use plenty of hashtags. You might already be familiar with hashtags, or words and phrases included in posts with the “#” symbol in front of them. According to the social media gurus at Later, Instagram posts with hashtags get nearly 13% more engagement than those without. Websites like best-hashtags.com are a great way to discover great new hashtags. For optimal branding, include one with your business’s name in every post.
- “Geotag” your posts. Geotagging allows you to publicly tag the location where your posts take place. By creating a location for your business and then tagging it in your posts, you can easily let customers know where to find your store.
Do you want more Instagram marketing tips? Check out the resources on the Instagram for Business homepage.
The Pew Research Center calls Twitter a “modern public square where many voices discuss, debate, and share their views.” Given that the platform has 145 million daily active users, it’s important to position your brand and voice at the forefront of these discussions. These tips will teach you how to craft high-quality, engaging Twitter posts, or “tweets,” as well as how to maintain their popularity.
- Share content your audience will like, including content that isn’t your own. The “80-20 rule” is a popular rule of thumb in social media marketing. It states that when you share content on your social media pages, 80 percent of what you share should come from other sources, while only 20 percent should be created by you. If you’re not sure where to find content that suits your audience, start with popular interior design blogs like Apartment Therapy, HouseBeautiful, or The Inspired Room. Mention them in your post so your tweets show up on their profile!
- “Pin” an important message to the top of your profile. A recent study from Moz revealed that the lifespan of an average tweet is a mere 18 minutes. Beyond the 18-minute mark, the odds of someone seeing your tweet, let alone engaging with it, drop dramatically. “Pinning” a tweet helps you get around this problem, as it sticks the tweet to the top of your profile and keeps it there even as you post new messages. The social media masters at CoSchedule recommend pinning tweets that enrich a campaign you’re running, that capitalize on current trends, or that have gained a lot of popularity already.
- Ask questions and start discussions. More than any other channel, people come to Twitter to engage in spirited conversation. Start one of your own by asking your audience fun questions related to furniture and interior decorating, such as “If you could paint your living room any color, what would it be?” Twitter Polls are another great way to get engaging discussions going.
Find more valuable Twitter tips at the Twitter for Business homepage.
With this guide in hand, you’re well on your way to becoming a social media master! Start using these platforms today and discover what social media can do for your business.
About Snap: Specially designed for the furniture industry, Snap Finance helps credit-challenged customers get what they need with fast, flexible, lease-to-own financing. Through our free EDGE program, we boost your secondary financing business by up to 30%. Contact us at 866-871-0311 or visit snapfinance.com/partner to learn how Snap can help your business.
Weekly Business Tips from Snap Finance
Articles in Weekly Business Tips from Snap Finance