Love Furniture Profits Tip: More ad checklist items revealed.
Furniture World News Desk on
By David Love Love Furniture Profits
I had great response to last week’s article where I introduced the idea of an ad checklist. So, I thought I'd show you some more checklist items. If you missed last week’s article, you can find it at www.lovefurnitureprofits.com.
OK. Here we go.
- Would additional items expand the appeal of the ad? Related, but different, items work well. E.g. a recliner in a sofa ad. A sleeper in a mattress ad.
- Can you increase the power of the headline? Mention the product favorably. Mention an interest of the reader. Never, never forget Benefits.
- Does the body copy immediately enlarge on the main idea or promise in the headline?
- Body copy set too wide or too narrow?
- Is the language simple. Don’t use “furniture lingo.” “Talk the prospect’s language.”
- Do you give her good reasons for buying?
- Do you give her good reasons for buying now? is there a deadline?
- No body copy set in all CAPS. Short headlines in CAPS are ok, but never body copy. Very difficult to read.
- Does the ad sell for your store alone and not every store in town?
There are many more. These are just a few, taken from a very extensive checklist I use when creating ads for my clients. A good checklist is much more than just looking for typos or misspelled words. Seemingly minor mistakes and omissions can have very negative effects on the response. You can't afford to waste ad precious dollars. Any ad you run must be all it can be.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR FURNITURE WORLD READERS:
These little articles can’t anywhere near cover all there is to say on these topics. So . . . I have a very special offer for you. Be the first send me an email, with the word FREE in the subject line. You will get by phone, a Free, No Obligation, 30 minute, Marketing Strategy Session. Ask me any advertising or marketing questions you like. We could even go over one of your ads. What you pay (Nothing) for this strategy session in no way reflects the tremendous value you’ll get out of it.
To find out more, get your free copy ($29, but free to any furniture, mattress store) of his just released, breakthrough Special Report for Furniture and Mattress stores, “5 Long Lost Scientific Retail Advertising Secrets that work like magic in today’s economy for any furniture or mattress store to get you more customers, more sales, more profits.” Go right now to www.lovefurnitureprofits.com
. David can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Phone: 803.764.3977.
Do you have an advertising challenge you’d like address? Shoot me an email and I’ll talk about it in a future article.
About David Love and Love Furniture Profits.
Love Furniture Profits is an advertising consulting and coaching firm that shows retailers how to get more traffic, more and higher ticket sales and more profits using long-lost scientific advertising secrets unknown by about 99% of all of today’s retailers.
David is a 41 year furniture/mattress, in the trenches, industry veteran. His background includes retail furniture sales. Manager of a retail furniture store. 22 years on the road making money for companies like Sealy Mattress and Best Chairs. His territory and his retailers achieved sometimes remarkable sales increases due to the expert advertising and sales advice he gave. He has also owned and sold his own profitable store and was a highly regarded sales manager of a top 100 furniture store.
Advertising That Sells
Articles in Advertising That Sells