Love Furniture Profits Tip: How To Get Free Media Exposure.
Furniture World News Desk on
By David Love
Love Furniture Profits
Think about this:
- Has there been a recent change in your business? e.g. maybe you hired a designer for the first time. Maybe you remodeled and re-merchandised your mattress department.
- Did you add a new product or service?
- Did you just join Rotary?
- Did you just join your local Chamber?
- Did you or are you going to, host a Chamber mixer?
- Did you attend a trade show?
If you did any of those things or countless others, you can get in your local paper via a Press Release or sometimes called News Release.
Most newspapers have a business section. Even the small paper here where I live, has a retail column each Friday. They’re always looking for news and would love to hear from you. Each Friday they talk about store openings, closings, new managers hired, all that sort of thing.
The purpose of this is not to get a flood of business. This will not happen. What it does, is give you exposure without running ads and helps build your credibility, trustworthiness, and so on.
Here’s the very simple process.
- Look in your local paper for the business section. You’ll find the business editor or at least the person who writes business columns. Or you can call the paper and ask.
- Call that person. Introduce yourself and tell him/her you have some news about your business, of interest to her readers, and will be sending her that information.
- Send the information. You can Google, “Sample Press Release” for a sample format, or if you’d like me to send you one I did for a client who was opening a new location, send me an email. Put Press in the subject line.
- Send it with a cover letter explaining how the readers will benefit.
- If there’s a weekly column, like here, send it right after one runs. E.g. column runs on Fridays, send it on Monday. Runs on Wednesdays, send it on Thursday. If you use Real Mail you can send it a couple of days earlier.
- Follow up. Couple of days after you send it, call that person and ask if they received it.
- Be persistent. If it doesn’t run this week, ask when it will run.
That’s it. Simple but effective. Try it.
These little weekly articles can only scratch the surface. To find out more, get your free copy ($97, but free to any furniture or mattress store) of my breakthrough Special Report, “5 Long Lost Secrets of Scientific Furniture and Mattress Advertising that work like magic in today’s economy for any furniture or mattress store to get you more customers, more sales, more profits.” Go right now to www.lovefurnitureprofits.com
. David can be reached at email@example.com
. Phone: 803.764.3977.
Do you have an marketing frustration you’d like me to address? Shoot me an email and I’ll talk about it in a future article.
About David Love and Love Furniture Profits.
Love Furniture Profits is an advertising consulting and coaching firm that shows retailers how to get more traffic, more and higher ticket sales and more profits using long-lost scientific advertising secrets unknown by about 99% of all of today’s retailers.
David is a 41 year furniture/mattress, in the trenches, industry veteran. His background includes retail furniture sales. Manager of a retail furniture store. 22 years on the road making money for companies like Sealy Mattress and Best Chairs. His territory and his retailers achieved sometimes remarkable sales increases due to the expert advertising and sales advice he gave. He has also owned and sold his own profitable store and was a highly regarded sales manager of a top 100 furniture store.
Advertising That Sells
Articles in Advertising That Sells